Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Message From the Maker (see Note too)

I dreamed this morning that God spoke to me. He said (in red 24pt. Helvetica type)....

"Keep your promises."


Note: I use the traditional form of "God" and "He" out of habit. I don't believe God is a) an entity we can comprehend and b) a guy. I mean look at flowers. A guy did that? I don't think so. And I don't think of God so much as a being as I do a "be". That would take a long time to explain. The main thing is "keep your promises". Which would also imply be careful what you promise. They say we will be "accountable for every word" on Judgment Day (not that I believe in Judgment Day) BUT if there IS a Judgment Day AND you talk less - your trial will be a LOT shorter. The jury will thank you and all the people waiting to go after you will be very glad too. But really "keep your promises." So that means when someone is staring at you with Bambi eyes and saying "Do you promise?". It probably would be a good thing to say "Nope." They will be crestfallen and then you will be tempted to cave and say "okay, okay. I PROMISE." Then they have you. So stick with "nope" or better yet be like a good lawyer and say "maybe".

No comments: